COVID-19 Notice to Patients
Dear Holyoke Health Center Patient,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- Upon entry into the building, you’ll be asked those same questions again along with a temperature check.
- Hand Sanitizer has been made available in all the waiting rooms for your use.
- Visitors are not allowed unless they are needed for ambulation or your appointment.
- A face covering is required while in the building.
- The waiting room chairs have been spaced out 6 feet apart.
- Protective barriers are being installed for improved infection control.
- Our staff will be wearing additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) during your visit.
- Some of our exam rooms have installed premier air filtration systems for patients with respiratory symptoms.
In addition to our safety changes, we now offer the following services to better serve you:
- Pharmacy curbside pick-up
- Telemedicine and Teledentistry virtual visits
- Drive-thru COVID-19 testing by appointment
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. To make an appointment, please call our office at (413) 420 – 2200. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Chief Executive Officer, Holyoke Health Center