COVID-19 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We care about you and your health. Our Holyoke and Chicopee Health Centers will remain open and continue to serve our patients during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. To assure the health and safety of our patients, visitors, and employees, we are closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 across our state and community, and we are following the guidelines and recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and state and local public health offices.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms, such as cough, fever or shortness of breath, we ask that you call us at (413) 420 - 2200 before walking in to our offices. In an effort to help stop the spread of COVID-19, we have implemented the following protocols for all of our patients and visitors in all of our locations:
- Single Point of Entry and Screening - all of our locations have a single point of entry into our facilities in addition to a screening for symptoms upon entry.
- ILI Clinic - we have a clinic specifically for patients who are experiencing influenza like illness (ILI) in order to decrease exposure to other patients, visitors, and employees in our facility.
- Limit to Visitors- we ask that you limit the number of accompanying visitors to your appointment to one, and only if necessary.
- Social Distancing - we ask that you keep 6-10 ft away from all other patients and visitors while in our facilities and maintain social distancing while in our waiting areas, pharmacy, and other high volume areas.
- Personal Protective Equipment - all staff who work in the clinic setting are required to wear a mask. This is to protect our patients and our staff.
- Our maintenance and clinic teams use approved disinfecting cleaning supplies and have increased the frequency of their cleaning especially on high touch surfaces such as hand rails, door knobs, desks, counters and pens.
Our Medical Departments will remain OPEN and continue to serve patients during COVID-19.
Our medical teams are providing care via telehealth appointments over the phone and on video for all non-urgent and non-essential routine appointments. Our Holyoke and Chicopee medical locations will continue on-site visits for sick visits and essential routine appointments.
The Holyoke Health Center and Chicopee Health Center pharmacies will remain OPEN and continue to serve patients during COVID-19. For pharmacy pick-up and delivery options, please call (413) 533-7323.
All of our Dental Departments at all locations are CLOSED effective March 18, 2020 until further notice. Our Dental Departments are following the recommendations of the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS) and suspending non-emergency dental services for all adult, pediatric and orthodontic patients. We will follow the guidelines of the ADA and MDS for the reopening of our dental services, please check our website frequently for updates.
Effective April 6, 2020 Emergency dental services have relocated to Chicopee Health Center at 505 Front Street, Chicopee. Emergency dental services are available for adult, pediatric and orthodontic patients by appointment ONLY - you do not have to be a patient of the Holyoke or Chicopee Health Centers to receive emergency dental services. If you are experiencing a dental emergency, please call us at (413) 420 - 2200 and speak to a member of our dental team to schedule an emergency visit.
Emergency dental services are no longer available at Holyoke Health Center on 230 Maple Street.
Center for Recovery & Support
Our Center for Recovery and Support has SUSPENDED the following services effective March 18, 2020 until further notice: Walk-In Counseling & Testing Services, Group Acupuncture Clinics, and Walk-In services for HIV and Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT).
If you are in need of care for HIV or MAT, please call us at (413) 420 – 1730 to schedule an appointment. If you had a high risk sexual exposure and need nPEP or are symptomatic for STIs, please call (413) 420 – 1730 to schedule an appointment with our Counseling & Testing team.
Our Eye Care Department is OPEN and continues to serve patients. To schedule an appointment, please call (413) 420 - 2200.
Holyoke Breastfeeding Resource Center
Effective 4/1/2020, in person breastfeeding consults will be limited to scheduled provider visits. The Holyoke Breastfeeding resource Center continues to welcome phone consults for breastfeeding support and questions. Call (413) 420 - 2862 and a member of the health center staff or one of our community partners will follow up with you.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) continue to recommend breastfeeding for all babies. Moms who have been diagnosed with coronavirus should take special precautions, as noted below: